Peter Wyn Mosey nominated me for a Sunshine Blogger Award! Even though sunshine and vampires don’t usually mix, we’ll make an exception this time. Thank you, Peter– for the nomination and your kind words about me 🙂
How this Works
Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
• Answer 11 questions the blogger asked you.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your blog post.
• Nominate 11 new bloggers & their blogs. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they received the award [I’ll be honest, I’m not going to do this. The Sunshine Blogger Award Rules and Standards Committee can take it up with me. Hopefully word will find its way to the nominees] and ask your nominees 11 new questions.
Peter’s Questions and My Answers
1.If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
I’d love to fly and sing on key (both superpowers, as far as I’m concerned), so I’ll pick a songbird (preferably in an alternate universe where humans treat animals with respect and compassion).
2. What was the first ever creative effort that you remember really being proud of?
I wrote and illustrated a “short story” (it was probably two sentences) when I was very young (can’t remember exactly how old, but under 6). It was about a flower that killed you if you picked it. Clearly, I was honing my literary style right off the bat.
3. If you could choose between true happiness, or a greater creative skills, what would you pick?
Happiness is very tempting, but it’s also very empty. What’s to strive for if you’re already truly happy? Where’s your motivation to grow, learn, improve? In the end, I’d rather have greater creative skills while I keep seeking happiness.
4. Does politics have a place in the arts?
All art is political.
5. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
One of my cats, usually.
6. Where and how do you do most of your writing/ art?
Right now I do about two thirds of my writing on my laptop in the family room and the other third in my head while I’m busy with other things.
7. What famous work do you wish you had created?
Harry Potter. Or pretty much any painting or sculpture because I have no talent for it and I wish I did.
8. Is there anyone in the world that you actually hate?
I wouldn’t say hate, but close, and not an individual but a type of person– the ones that actively work at making the world worse, usually for their own gain (sometimes because they enjoy it). I also have no use for those that enable them.
9. Where is the furthest you have been from home?
Geographically, Greece. Culturally, I think Cuba.
10. Would you prefer to wake up early, or stay up late?
I do both anyway, so I’d prefer to be able to do it without getting tired.
11. If you could give a new writer who was setting up a blog one piece of advice, what would it be?
Get to know your fellow bloggers 🙂
These 11 blogs represent a sample of the many great sites I follow. I have eclectic tastes, so the list ranges from writing/author blogs, to travel blogs, to food, spirituality, history, environmental, and pop culture. Thanks, everyone, for giving me something to look forward to reading every week!
Margaret & Neal, Wandering Together
Bonus: Alex L. Weston, whose blog has been quiet for a while, but who I wish would start writing again.
My Questions to My Nominees
1. What (or who) is inspiring you lately?
2. What’s making you angry?
3. What did you have for breakfast?
4. What creative skill or talent do you wish you had?
5. Do you believe in magic?
6. What fictional character do you relate to?
7. The last book you loved?
8. If you could live anywhere for a year, where would it be?
9. What do you wish would come back in style?
10. A favourite line from a book or movie (I’ll also accept plays, songs, and TV shows)?
11. Who’s your favourite vampire (if you say Dracula, you have to specify which version)?
Feel free to share your answers in the comments even if you’re not a nominee 🙂 If you were nominated, please comment with your link once you’ve posted (I really want to read your answers!)
Aspasía S. Bissas