I thought I’d post something fun today, so I snagged this from A.M. Molvik’s Ramblings.
1. Rather read only a series or standalone books?
A series. Standalone books can be unsatisfying, but I can happily read a good series for as long as the author is willing to keep putting out books. With a series you can also go back to the beginning and rediscover things you’d forgotten, or notice something new (technically you can also do that with a standalone, but a series gives you so much more to work with).
2. Rather read a book whose main character is male or female?
Female. I’m tired of the male perspective, which has really had a disproportionate amount of emphasis put on it for far too long. I’d also rather read female authors–they usually can write all characters with depth, not just the half they personally relate to.
3. Rather shop only at Barnes & Noble (or other actual bookstore) or Amazon?
I’d rather shop online. I’m an introvert and crowds make me uncomfortable. Also, shopping online doesn’t require pants. (Most “actual” bookstores have websites too–you can see a whole list of the ones that carry my books here–just scroll to the bottom.)
4. Rather all books become movies or TV shows?
I’ll have to go with TV because that format offers the chance to fully explore a story. The Harry Potter series would have been so much better if they’d made it into a TV show instead of movies, with one or two seasons per book.
5. Rather read 5 pages per day or read 5 books per week?
This is a tough one. I like to savour books, but 5 pages a day doesn’t give you much. Still, 5 books a week sounds like it would become a chore rather than a pleasure, so I guess I’d rather get 5 pages a day and fully enjoy them.
6. Rather be a professional book reviewer or an author?
Author. Done and done. 🙂
7. Rather read only the same 20 books over and over or get to read a new book every 6 months?
If I can still re-read books I’ve already read, then I’ll take a new book every 6 months. If I can read only one new book every 6 months, I think I’d prefer the same 20 on repeat (if I get to pick them).
8. Rather be a librarian or own a book store?
I’ve thought about doing both, but I still sometimes dream about owning a bookstore, so I’ll go with that.
9. Rather read only your favorite genre or your favorite author?
Genre. Authors can stop writing, but there will always be something new to read within a genre.
10. Rather read only physical books or eBooks?
Physical books. They aren’t always as convenient to cart around, but I find them more enjoyable to read (and screens are bad for your eyes).
What do you think–do you prefer series or standalone books? Physical or ebooks? Share your answers in the comments below (and let me know if you do the whole thing and post it).