This challenge was posted by Annelise Driscoll.
The rules are simple:
1. Copy and paste the questions into a blog post.
2. Answer the questions.
3. Leave a link to your post in the comments section below!
Bonus! You don’t have to be an indie author to do this challenge. All writerly types are welcome!
1. Are you a country mouse or a city mouse?
City, all the way, especially in a city like Toronto, where we have tons of trees, green space, and wildlife– it’s the best of both worlds (my only complaint/regret is how few stars you can see at night because of all the light pollution).
2. Where do you like to write?
Right now it’s the couch with my laptop, but anywhere comfortable and quiet will do.
3. What’s your favorite writing snack?
My writing is fuelled by iced coffees and matcha lattes.
4. Do you like music or silence?
Silence. I’m too easily distracted by anything else (and the rhythm of music throws off the rhythm of my writing).
5. What’s your favorite procrastination technique?
Probably Pinterest. But I can’t procrastinate too long before my anxiety starts ramping up and I have to write or edit to shut it up.
6. What does your desk look like?
At the moment it looks like a bunch of pieces, unfortunately. It seems to have been broken in the last move and I haven’t wanted to unwrap and look at it to find out for sure. Since we’re about to move again, it’s time I finally face it and figure out what to do next (anyone know a good carpenter?)
7. How do you arrange your bookshelves?
Fiction is arranged alphabetically by author and then book title (although I will keep series in order, rather than sorting by title). Non-fiction is arranged by topic/genre and then alphabetically by title. Boring, but it’s easy to find what you want.
8. What inspired you to go indie?
I decided to go indie when I realized that being well known is more important to traditional publishers than being a good writer.
9. How do you feel about book dedications?
I’ve read some good ones, and I enjoy dedicating my books, so I’m all for them.
10. What kind of monster would you most like to be?
It would be disappointing if I said anything other than vampire, wouldn’t it? Luckily that’s always been my monster of choice. Although vengeful spirit is not without its charm…
How about you? What kind of monster would you want to be? Share your answer to this or any of the other questions in the comments…
Aspasía S. Bissas