I found this on Twitter and I thought I’d share it here too, along with a few additions of my own.
Original Tweet (via @PaperFury):
REASONS TO KEEP A WRITER IN YOUR HOME
• they know weird facts
• they’re low maintenance because all they do is eat and write
• great for midnight chats because they don’t sleep
• if they have to edit they’ll procrastinate by cleaning your whole house
I’ll also add:
- They almost always come with cats (if you don’t like cats, then you should probably avoid writers in general)
- Amazing book collection/personal library, which they’ll (most likely) share
- Will never say no to a cozy night in
- Lifetime (and then some) supply of pens, paper, and blank notebooks.
- Always have coffee and/or tea on hand.
- Will dedicate books to you
Do you know any other reasons to keep a writer nearby? Share in the comments…